Saturday, November 19, 2011

SP9326: W/Ending 20/11/11 - Scarce Umber

The weather continues fairly settled and mild with extensive fog over the weekend.

Finishing work in the middle of the night is no fun, but it does mean one can check the trap for goodies before they fly off /get eaten. So, at 3am on the 18th, I was pleased to discover two new* garden moths - Scarce Umber and Winter Moth, which rather justified continuing to trap after three blank catches this week.
1933* Scarce Umber
1862 Double-striped Pug
1799* Winter Moth

List for SP9326: W/Ending 20/11/11

1799*   Winter Moth    2
1862    Double-striped Pug    1
1933*   Scarce Umber    1

Total: 3 species in 7 trap sessions

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog whilst trying to identify a moth that I had seen this morning in Normanby Hall Country Park, near Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire. I have to say thanks because, although my photo of the moth was, no, is pretty dire, I was able to ascertain that I had seen a flying Scarce Umber. It landed briefly on a tarmac path and I didn't have a great deal of time to get the camera focussed properly. I enjoyed looking through your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      I'm pleased to have been of help, and thanks for the kind comments !

      Delete